The proposed amendment would provide that:
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or health care provider to participate in a health care system.
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall prohibit the purchase or sale of health care or health insurance.
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall impose a penalty or fine for the sale or purchase of health care or health insurance.
The proposed amendment would not:
- 1. Affect laws or rules in effect as of March 19, 2010.
- Affect which services a health care provider or hospital is required to perform or provide.
- Affect terms and conditions of government employment.
- Affect any laws calculated to deter fraud or punish wrongdoing in the health care industry.
Here’s an interview with Chris Littleton, the head of Ohioans for Healthcare Freedom: