The Pueblo Chieftain reports on yet another reason it’s wrong for government to force you to fund Medicaid instead of choosing your own charities:
The system that determines Medicaid eligibility in Colorado has failed to correct problems documented for years, placing its federal funding support in peril, according to an audit released on Tuesday.
- “the state failed to provide timely eligibility verification”
- “delaying determinations of applicants’ Medicaid eligibility beyond the 90-day deadline.”
- “Failing to collect documentation of legal citizenship from some applicants.”
- “Wrongfully terminating some Medicaid beneficiaries’ claims when they come up for annual review.”
- “Wrongfully terminating some claims because of lost paperwork.”
- “Improperly notifying claimants about key decisions affecting their coverage.”